Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 23, 2014

So today has been one year since my cousin, Kenny, has been gone. This last year has been so crazy. I remember the exact day and time i found out he was gone. All the way down to the clothes i was wearing and what i was doing. To this day, I still trick myself into refusing that he's not gone, he's still just overseas and my family is awaiting his return from Afghanistan. Kenny has brought to me in life that no one else will be able to. He has taught me how to be strong, no matter what the situation. You no longer being here has taken a HUGE chunk out of our family and you can tell nothing will ever be the same at family gatherings cause we'll always be missing our "Godfather" hahaha. I'd do literally ANYTHING just to talk, see, or touch you one more time. We all miss you like crazy. You may only be gone for a year, but all the pain makes it feel like you've been gone for a lifetime. I don't know how I can thank you enough for not only risking for your life for our country because freedom sure in hell isn't free, but for teaching me one of the most important traits in my life; remaining strong. The greatest honor in my life is being able to call you my cousin. I'm certainly blessed. I love you, and i hope you're havin fun up there. Rest in Peace, soldier. See you on Monday for lunch. #KCA 

1 comment:

  1. Ummm okay I just cried reading this!! I know its extremely hard to lose a family member especially when they leave us to young! As you know I lost my four year old cousin, which makes you think why him why our family? But everything happens for a reason. They were too good for this world. They are in peace and enjoying their life in heaven. I cant wait to be reunited with my baby cousin once again and im sure you feel the same way, but one day we will see them again. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete